Monday, June 30, 2008

NECC

Monday A.M. was quite enjoyable for me and Tiernan. We joined up with Esme in San Antonio at the NECC Conference - SLedupotential (the educational potential of SL)! Well, actually we met her in SL along with a host of others, including a few of our own. Eru was most helpful in navigation. It was interesting to see a lot of new people - a few conversed - but a lot of us also spent the first hour trying to “listen” to the presenters. For some strange reason I was able to hear through my Mac speakers but not my headphones - weird. Esme led us on a guided tour to some of her favorite SL sites. Love the power of transporting! Reminds me of floo powder in the wizarding world! I may go back if I hear from Esme.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you satisfied? I see that I am now the second to comment. Ha ha.

I am glad to see that you are using the blog now.

While I'll write more in my own blog I wanted to comment about NECC here. It was great to have you, Tiernan and Eru there. All those people who joined us on the tour were with me physically in a conference room in San Antonio. We were teaching them how to move around and trying to convey the edu potential (as the title suggested) of second life. It was great to be able to say - and here are three of my students in Vermont!!!

It was really impressive to them that they could be sharing an experience with someone from so far away. Sorry if they were not very communicative. They were newbies (which you are officially no longer!) and couldn't handle all the screens, the teleporting and the talking too.

Thanks for joining us.

Jbedaoak said...

I'm glad I now have two people who have posted comments! One isn't even in the course! Esme - just want you to know - this has been my favorite course so far at MGC - even more fun than web page building!